Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Totally Can't Decide.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AGLoverx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2006
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm so sorry if I've been bugging people about this but I need some advice! I'm ready for a new doll and am torn between AGOT 25 and Jess! I want both of them but can only get one. I'm scared to get Jess because there has been so many defected and problems with the. I just cant decide! HELP!

    Also, Pictures would be appreciatted or an album link! [img]smile.gif[/img] TIA!

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    It's okay [img]smile.gif[/img] . We all have problems deciding on a doll at some point. However, I still stand by my original recommendation of Jess. She's beautiful, with a totally new face mold and hair color and style, and Limited Edition. If you won't be able to get another doll this year, you NEED to get Jess NOW [img]wink.gif[/img] ! She's too cute not to buy! I personally had no problems at all with my Jess, and although some others did, most wound up extremely pleased by their Jess once they got the right replacement. I say she's worth it, even if you had to go through 50 replacement dolls to find the right one (but you wouldn't/shouldn't have to). I posted my pictures before, but if you need me to post them again, just say so [img]smile.gif[/img] . Good luck with your decision!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know, it's SOOOOO hard to decide between two dolls! [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

    I'm trying to decide between Elizabeth and #22, and maybe even #24!AAAAHH!!

    It's so much easier to tell someone ELSE which doll they should get, [img]smile.gif[/img] so here goes--

    If I were you, I'd get #25, but only because I don't care enough for Jess to get her.
    Actually, if you live near enough to an AGP, you could choose your doll personally, and make sure she has no defects before you take her home.
    If you can't do that, you could order her over the phone, and ask for a Personal Shopper to hand-pick a nice Jess for you, emphasizing that she have a really nice wig. (Just ask for a Personal Shopper to take your order, first thing.)
    And, inevitably, you are going to be advised to get Jess because she is Limited Edition, and won't be available after the end of this year; you can always get #25 later on, for your next doll.
    (And, of course, Jess's resale value will be higher after the end of the year.)

    Good luck with your decision-making! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 17, 2006 10:07 PM: Message edited by: AsianAG ]</font>

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner cebula_2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2005
    Posts
    848
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    JESS JESS JESS JESS [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] !!!!

    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Good luck deciding.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member AGLoverx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2006
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ahhh! I'm leaning towards 25 but still am not sure, I dont live near an AGP. So are PS's free?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    YES, PS's are totally free, and are so nice and patient! They're worth their weight in gold, but they don't cost anything! YAYY for Personal Shoppers! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member littledarling's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd get Jess, if you at all think you want her. She's adorable and though some may have problems with theirs, I'm sure there are many more who haven't had any but just haven't spoken up or something. I personally have never had a better doll than my Jess (renamed to Tovah here). I thought my other girls were in good shape, but it wasn't until my Jess arrived did I really understand the benefit of tight limbs and her coloring is the best of all my dolls!

    She's limited edition, and if you don't get her while AG is selling her and then later on decide you do want her you'll have to either pay a lot more or wait a long time for a good deal.

    I used to have a Kailey, and then thought I wanted one of the new AGTs instead. So I sold my Kailey and bought a different doll and have regretted it since. I really wanted both, and wish I had kept Kailey and just been more patient to get another doll.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Bean Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    465
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Totally Jess.

    Violet, who was #25, was here, and she was an absolute sweetheart, a real ... uh, doll, but Jess seemed more special to me. She has a neater wig (her red highlights rock) and that face mold is real pretty. You don't really even know -- it doesn't photograph well.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member angelnise's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2006
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jessjessjessjessjessjess!

    Need I say more?

    My albums of Jess are in my siggy. I had NO problems with mine at all. She is gorgeous!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member sthissell's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2006
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jess!!! She's beautiful, and if you don't bond, you could always sell her next year for more than you paid for her and pick up a different doll (or keep her and get a different doll later...). My daughter and I were just starting our collection last year, and I didn't get Marisol, because, silly me, I thought that I could get a better price later on her (not realizing the high markup on retired LE dolls). Luckily someone on one of my yahoo groups was selling Marisol with all of her stuff other than the stage for 250, so I got her earlier this year. This year I made sure to get Jess for my dd's b-day (and I'm thinking of picking one up for myself before she's gone).
    Sarah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •